Well, with the Eagles officially eliminated from the playoffs, that means it’s Phillies season in Philadelphia. There is much to be excit—
The Sixers are starting to make some noise, so I guess the city needs to get behind them for a while. The Flyers are buried in some kind of malaise that I’m not sure will be lifted any time soon. The Phillies are locked out.
It’s a great time to be a fan of the four sports teams!
On to the links.
- Over the weekend, the international signing period started. The Phillies were active, signing the #4 prospect, a shortstop from the Dominican.
- With the international signing period opening, we of course want to know who did the best. So far, it appears the Nationals and Yankees helped themselves quite a bit ($).
- All of the gimmicks that MLB was trying with the pitching in the Atlantic League have gone away. They’ll keep some things though.
- At some point, MLB should consider ending their relationship with New Era if they keep putting this garbage out.
- Dusty Baker spoke about Black representation in baseball this weekend. It’s a good listen/read.
- Our long national nightmare about who the Mets’ bench coach would be seems to be at an end.