The postponement of last night’s game was the correct decision by Major League Baseball. It pushes everything back a day and let’s both team possibly reset their rotations, but they couldn’t stop and start the game. It would have been disastrous for the game.
On to the links.
- As Dave Dombrowski gets more attention with the Phillies in the playoffs, the question should be asked: is his way the right way to win?
- More Dombrowski love. I’m genuinely interested in what happens when he leaves. Does Sam Fuld believe in the same team building philosophy?
- This story about Rhys Hoskins is just wonderful. Long term questions remain, but boy has this guy become a fan favorite.
- Turns out, according to one metric, the game two umpire behind the plate called a perfect game.
- Justin Turner was the Roberto Clemente Award winner for 2022 and was honored prior to what would have been game three.
- The Arizona Fall League is experimenting with a system for challenging ball/strikes calls akin to Hawkeye used in tennis.
- Albert Pujols is officially retiring, signing the papers need to do so.