Does it still sting?
Sure. Getting this close to a championship, even one as unexpected as this, makes one want it all the more. You never want to get to the prize and have it suddenly yanked away from you. It just feels cruel.
But as we get started on this offseason adventure, it’s important to remember: this was still a hugely successful season. Most of us simply wanted to make the playoffs, all the extras just gravy. Now that a flag will fly in Citizens Bank Park next season, it has to be considered a great way to spend 30 days.
Except these last four.
On to the links.
- It was the best 30 days of their lives. And now it’s all over.
- Of course, the question now turns to: what’s next? Here are three things to look for as the Phillies begin defending the National League crown.
- Even though the defeat was the final result, the run through the postseason was still totally worth it.
- The future is here now that we no longer are going to hear “Dancing On My Own” while watching champagne showers any longer.
- This story about Dusty Baker is very good even though there are still going to be people angry at the Astros.
- The Mets are throwing money at the problem again, re-signing Edwin Diaz to a 5 year, $102 million contract.
- Carlos Rodon, not surprisingly, opted out of his contract in search of a longer, more lucrative deal.
- Free agency is now populated by 131 players. Let the fun and games begin!