There isn’t much to say any more. No news on the labor front outside of Evan Drellich saying no talks were scheduled.
Mark Appel, though, did come on Twitter and discuss the recent proposed cuts to the minor league jobs.
Career minor leaguer here.— Mark Appel (@markappel26) February 15, 2022
My thoughts on minor league baseball’s problems and potential solutions:
It’s a thread that is well worth reading today.
On to the links.
- In the Tyler Skaggs trial, a recent Phillies minor league signee testified that he has been a recent drug user in Anaheim.
- Kiley McDaniel put his top 100 prospects up for ESPN ($), and the Phillies have three representatives on the list.
- The entire Skaggs trial is putting a huge stain on MLB right now. If only there were a way to give the people some good news...
- There are always some players that would benefit from a change of scenery. Here are ten candidates from that scenario this year.
- MLB pitchers and catchers were supposed to report these past few days. They didn’t. That’s depressing.