We aren’t in the worry part of the lockout just yet where we think actual games are going to be missed. If you’re like me, you know that towards the middle of March, you’re ready for the spring training games to be over anyway. Missing the opening of camp will likely cause the players to have to get ready quicker than normal, but it shouldn’t really mess up things too much. Talk to me in a few weeks and if things aren’t settled by then, then I’ll be worried.
On to the links.
- Some of the bigger changes the team has made this offseason have been in the analytics department.
- Those minor leaguers that are on the 40-man roster are going to suffer some issues during this lockout.
- In case you needed a refresher on where the lockout stands, here is why the players, as per their right, rejected mediation.
- Five points to you if you knew that Adrian Gonzalez hadn’t retired yet before he did so this weekend.
- The Cubs are close to launching a streaming service for their games that MLB isn’t exactly thrilled with.
- Once the lockout is over, the Yankees are going to take a run at Freddie Freeman. I, for one, would gladly welcome this Yankees victory.