Another weekend, another round of talks and another few days lost to nothingness. The league will probably cancel another two series’ worth of games later this week, which makes me think we’re going to be somewhere in the 130s for the entire season. The players being paid for the 162 game schedule will be an issue, of course.
On to the links.
- Some people may choose to think of Griff McGarry as a future member of the Phillies’ rotation or bullpen. Others see him as a trade piece. Your choice, I guess.
- Should the luxury tax actually go up, the Phillies could be one of the bigger beneficiaries of the new system.
- The first proposal from the MLBPA since the cancelled games was seen as going “backwards” by MLB.
- If you go by this, the owners will have no problem giving the players more money if they just change the rules a little bit.
- The MLBPA is setting up a training area for players in Arizona and from the sounds of it, it’s quite the experience.