Ninth inning, down by one run against a bullpen that strikes fear in no man.
The Phillies took three pitches to end the ballgame.
A gameplan to attack the Cubs’ pitching that night that made no sense from the get go. A complete failure and a joke.
On to the links.
- As the bullpen has started to meltdown, the arrival and success of Zach Eflin has helped them immensely.
- After last night’s start, we can see why the Phillies rested Zack Wheeler. Let’s just hope they can make the playoffs to use him.
- There is a hurricane that might affect several important series this weekend. MLB is watching the situation.
- Richard Bleier had three balks called against him during the same at bat, resulting in a run and his being ejected.
- The Cardinals did the Phillies a solid and beat the Brewers last night, clinching the NL Central title.