A tough loss last night, but still not one that is a season ender. There are still some favorable games on their schedule and the ones that are tougher, they get to play at home. Did they make it difficult on themselves? Sure. But there is still a lot of time left and they’re being chased, not doing the chasing. So long as that remains the case, they just have to win games.
On to the links.
- J.T. Realmuto is the best catcher in baseball, even still. He’s redefining how people will think about the catching aging curve ($).
- Zach Eflin and Seranthony Dominguez are about to make their rehab assignment debuts and it needs to happen quickly.
- Edmundo Sosa was acquired for his defensive prowess, but he can swing the bat a little bit too.
- If the vote goes as expected today, baseball is going to go through some massive changes next season ($).
- The Mets are also now the recipients of the injury bug, this time with Starling Marte being diagnosed with a finger fracture.
- The Diamondbacks are the lucky team that have not one, not two, not three, but four cheap, young, productive outfielders for the present and into the future.
- A part of the Braves’ rotation depth is now gone for this year and probably all of next. Maybe that’ll slow them down <insert slow chuckle>.