Spring training is getting closer and there has been relatively little drama in the Phillies’ offseason. Compare that to what has been going on up in Queens and it makes a refreshing change.
Must be rough to not get the free agent you really wanted to sign with your team.
On to the links.
- The Phillies agreed to a minor league deal with Jon Duplantier, a former Diamondback top prospect, to serve as depth.
- Here are some of the prospects in the team’s system that can contribute in 2023 (hello Andrew!)
- Trevor Bauer was designated for assignment by the Dodgers last night. The team still has to pay him $25 million.
- The Carlos Correa saga has taken yet another turn. The Mets are “very frustrated” and may now have to contend with the Twins again.
- The Padres made a couple of additions, bringing in Adam Engel and Brent Honeywell on one-year deals.