Today is kind of a big day, no? Imagine being able to put the Braves down 2-0 in this series. They would have to come back to Philadelphia and try to win two in the greatest playoff environment for the home team that there is. A tall order for sure.
But let’s also be careful with assuming this game is in hand already. The Braves are very good and have beaten tonight’s starter Zack Wheeler already this season. The odds of their beating him again are just as good as they are that he dominates them. It’s going to be a fascinating game to watch.
On to the links.
- The Phillies might have the Braves on the brink already. Here are three reasons for thinking that.
- Last season was the first Phillies $300 million man who had his moment. This year, it’s their other $300 million man.
- We know about the investigation into Billy Eppler already, but it might start to get a little worse for him.
- Managers are underpaid, at least according to this article (I think they are too).
- Well, I think we all could have called this one. Joey Votto wants to return for at least one more year.
- If the Cubs don’t win in 2024, the team may be forced to look elsewhere for their manager.