One thing I think we all need to keep remembering this offseason, and in offseasons future, is that the Phillies aren’t spending your money. Who cares how much they’re spending on players? Isn’t the point to get good players? We’d all like to see a well oiled minor league machine churning out top quality prospects that prosper once they hit the major leagues, but what kind of success does that promise? What has that gotten anyone who has that model, like the Dodgers, Orioles and Rays?
It ain’t my money, so keep spending away, Johnny baby!
On to the links.
- Aaron Nola held his press conference yesterday announcing the signing and why he chose Philadelphia.
- Seems like the Phillies had some stiff competition for Nola from Atlanta and...the Dodgers? Interesting.
- All along, Aaron Nola just wanted to stay at home. That’s starting to become a theme on this team.
- Yoshinobu Yamamoto has been posted. Let the games begin!
- Lance Lynn has landed back in St. Louis on a one-year deal. Wonder if the black magic can help him get back to where he was.
- The Braves helped their bullpen yesterday, signing Reynaldo Lopez to a deal. Or is he a starter? I don’t know.
- Interesting to me only maybe, but MLB has cancelled their series set for Paris in 2025.