Cody Bellinger and Liam Hendriks were named NL and AL Comeback Player of the Year for their respective leagues. I’ve never really understood this award. Hendriks is obvious. Coming back from battling and beating cancer to pitch in the major leagues is an amazing accomplishment, making Hendriks fully deserving.
What did Bellinger come back from, being bad? That deserves the award. Okay, I guess.
On to the links.
- If the Phillies want to make a big splash, they should sign Yoshinobu Yamamoto. It would be a shot of adrenaline.
- Well, the Paul DeJong to the White Sox move that has kept everyone on the edge of their seats is finally official. Until Colson Montgomery is ready.
- Looks like some interest in Shane Bieber is picking up steam with two NL Central opponents showing interest.
- Dylan Cease has suddenly become quite the popular trade target.
- Looks like the Brewers are trying to lock up Jackson Chourio to a huge deal before he begins his major league career.