Looks like the Phillies might be linked with one of the starters on the market.
The Phillies are interested in Sonny Gray, sources say, and will be a top suitor for him if they do not retain free agent Aaron Nola.— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 8, 2023
Gray and Philly pitching coach Caleb Cotham are former college teammates and worked well together while Cotham was with the Reds. @MLBNetwork
What do we think about every single starting pitcher being linked to the Phillies this offseason? On the one hand, it’s a credit to the team. They’re becoming a desired destination for players around the game. They’ve seen how close they are the past two postseasons and players want to be around that kind of environment. On the other hand, it’s doubtful the Phillies are actually interested in every single arm that is available. One or more of them are of no interest to the Phillies, but we’ll never know until all the dust has settled.
On to the links.
- The Rhys Hoskins era, which started with such a bang, has come to a sad and sudden conclusion.
- There were quite a few promotions in the organization yesterday. You’d have to think Preston Mattingly is going to be poached soon.
- The Angels have settled on Ron Washington to be their next manager. It’s a good choice for Los Angeles.
- Boston is going to be looking for starting pitching all winter. So sayeth their new general manager.
- MLB has announced the nominees for their All-MLB team. Honestly, didn’t even know that it was such a thing.