December begins and with it, 2023 begins its slow crawl to a close. It’s been another good year for the Phillies, even if it did end in a disappointing playoff showing. Hopefully there are still good things to end this month since January and February usually just bring us closer to insanity with the darkness, cold and lack of moves.
On to the links.
- Chase Utley has a borderline case for making the Hall of Fame this year, but it could be his baserunning that pushes him over the edge.
- Heading to the winter meetings, there are two items still on the list: a relief pitcher and an outfielder.
- The Reds have added another pitcher to their stable, signing Nick Martinez to a two-year deal. This would have been a sneaky good signing for the Phillies.
- Joe West is up for election to the Hall of Fame. For some, the answer as to whether or not he should be in is an easy one.
- Joey Wendle is now a Met, his deal becoming official with his physical being passed.
- Some more specific rule changes have been proposed for the 2024 season. They’re all fine and should be added.