I mean, you know what the links are going to be all about today, right? If you’re here for news about Austin Hedges agreeing to a deal with the Guardians, well, I have bad for you.
On to the links.
- What we already knew was publicly confirmed. Bryce Harper wants a contract extension beyond what he’s already got.
- As the Braves put their 40-man roster in a pot and stew it around, the Phillies believe they have a good shot at overtaking them.
- The obvious one first: Shohei Ohtani moves to a different part of Los Angeles with a 10 year, $700 million contract.
- Somehow, some way, Ohtani has managed to shock the baseball world yet again. This is probably going to be a regular thing.
- This kind of a megadeal, where the guaranteed money is far beyond our expectation, is nothing we’ve ever seen in sports.
- Ohtani’s deal with the Dodgers goes far beyond mere dollars. Heck, it doesn’t even make much sense.
- As much as it pains some people to admit, the deal Ohtani will sign shows baseball is far from being called broken.