I really thought I was going to be able to go an entire day of links posting without having to include anything about Shohei Ohtani. Maybe we’d be able to sit and digest exactly what $700 million means for the game, for the Dodgers and for the future of baseball.
Then the deferrals came out.
So much for that...
On to the links.
- The Phillies signing young shortstops from Cuba? Sign me up.
- What is it that Rob Thomson is looking for from his team heading into the new season?
- Shohei Ohtani wasn’t the only Japanese star making waves. Roki Sasaki requested to be posted only to have the request turned down.
- The Royals assured themselves a World Series title by signing a reliever who has won a title the past three seasons.
- Are the Orioles for sale? If so, there is at least one buyer who is interested in taking them over.
- To accomodate for Ohtani, the Dodgers made a nifty little deal with the Yankees.