There are twelve days left until Christmas, which means we can officially begin singing the song. Naturally, this got me thinking: if the Phillies were to give you a number of gifts this year, 1-2, what would they be?
For example, six could not be six World Series titles since there aren’t that many in a season. Instead, why not have six 20 home run hitters? These are the lines along which you should be thinking. Let’s see what you got in the comments below.
On to the links.
- Now that Shohei Ohtani is in the National League, the Phillies’ road to the World Series just got tougher.
- Chase Utley AND Jimmy Rollins both deserve to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Garrett Stubbs is engaged. Good for him.
- Former TGPer Leo Morgenstern takes a look at all this Bryce Harper extension talk and tries to make sense of it all.
- It’s not even the season yet and the Mets are already Metsing. Ronny Mauricio will need surgery to repair a torn ACL.
- The Giants finally got someone to take their money, signing Jung Ho Lee to a six year deal.
- Seth Lugo must really like money. He’s headed to Kansas City on a three year deal with a team that will likely let him start no questions asked.
- Baseball used to be safe haven for cheaters in the game, fun or not, but now, the deterrents in the clubhouse are many.