Well, at least the starting pitching market is starting to show some signs of life. A few more signings yesterday and a trade that will have some ripple effects on the rest of the pitchers and teams.
On to the links.
- Fangraphs and JAWS has made its way to discussing the case for Cooperstown that Chase Utley has.
- Matt Gelb answers your questions over at The Athletic, including what to make of Bryce Harper’s desire for an extension.
- The team is really hoping that their investments in their Dominican academies pays off with players able to contribute at the major league level.
- Yoshinobu Yamamoto might be the most coveted pitcher right now - and he hasn’t thrown a major league pitch yet.
- Larry Doby was given a posthumous honor by Congress the other day, long overdue.
- The Dodgers introduced Shohei Ohtani yesterday, but also may have a deal for another starting pitcher as well.
- Apparently, the Tigers have a lot of cash to burn as they’ve decided to do just that.