Slow news season is officially in full swing.
It’s raining here in Philadelphia as it has seemingly every weekend for a month. It doesn’t help that a lot of the news in baseball is uninspiring, which means that they slow walk to spring training is beginning.
Of course, a few trades, a few signings and some other happenings could turn things around right quick.
On to the links.
- The team’s interest in Yoshinobu Yamamoto is real, but the chase to add stars from Japan doesn’t end with him.
- Zack Wheeler needs an extension. This is obvious. How much, though, will it cost to keep him around?
- Cole Hamels will get his own retirement night in Philadelphia when the Diamondbacks come back here in June.
- In the business section of the game, it looks like Bally Sports, the beleaguered cable company, and MLB have reached some kind of deal to broadcast baseball games.
- Lourdes Gurriel is headed back to the desert, re-signing with Arizona on a three year, $42 million deal.
- The All-MLB teams were announced in Las Vegas over the weekend. Honestly didn’t know this was a thing.
- Looks like moving out Juan Soto won’t be the Padres’ only move this winter. They’re trying to get under $200 million in payroll.