As New York and Los Angeles make their pitches to Yoshinobu Yamamoto, one has to wonder if the allure to being the first Japanese star in Philadelphia has any motivation to him. Los Angeles had Nomo-mania (and now has Ohtani), New York had Hideki Irabu, Hideki Matsui and Masahiro Tanaka, what has Philadelphia had?
He’d have a bigger chance to pull down endorsements around the city that could be very impactful. Maybe it’s something he’d consider.
On to the links.
- Bryce Harper: Phillies pitch man.
- If you’re a uniform aficianado like me, you’ll appreciate this news. The team is still going to stitch the names on their uniforms.
- When it comes to the pre-arbitration pool of money to be doled out to players, Julio Rodriguez reigns.
- Jeff Passan goes in depth to focus on Yoshinobu Yamamoto’s free agency journey and it’s different from others.
- In the ongoing story about Diamond Sports bankruptcy issue, a new contender to help them out emerges.
- The Braves continue adding money without actually adding talent, only now, they had to release Matt Carpenter.