Baseball’s hot stove season is often an exercise in “hurry up and wait.” And for the last week or so, the player that many teams - including the Phillies - were waiting for was Japanese pitcher Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
But that wait is over, as Yamamoto has agreed on contract terms with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Onto the links...
- Why were the Phillies trying to sign Yamamoto? Corey Seidman explains how there’s more than one reason for their pursuit.
- Blue Jays pitcher Chris Bassitt has (somewhat oddly) decided that the Angels need to trade Mike Trout to the Phillies.
- Who’s going to win the National League East in 2024? According to some pundits on MLB Network: The Phillies!
- The turmoil with cable providers and RSNs is having an effect on baseball and the free agent market.
- The Blue Jays did not land Shohei Ohtani. Could they look to former Phillie Rhys Hoskins instead?
- One team that won’t be signing Yamamoto is the San Francisco Giants who have been rejected by yet another big name free agent.
- The Dodgers got their man, but he didn’t come cheap.