It’s the slow season, so not much is happening for the Phillies. One can view that as a good thing or a bad thing.
On one hand, it’s good the Phillies have a set roster that doesn’t need major makeovers each year thanks to planning and signing players to deals where they’re in their prime now for a few more years. On the other hand, they’ve come up short the past two years and probably still need a few more pieces to get them over the final hurdle. Are those upgrades out there? Maybe.
On to the links.
- It’s a question that is going to be all over baseball news in the coming weeks until an announcement is made: is Chase Utley a Hall of Famer?
- Toronto may have missed out on Shohei Ohtani, but they did bring back Kevin Kiermaier. That’s a win, right?
- The Yankees gave up on a prospect, trading him for something else that fits a need? Where have I heard that one before!
- Speaking of the Evil Empire, turns out they didn’t want to piss off one of their current pitchers, which is why they lost out on Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
- Martin Maldonado has decided to enter the rebuild of Chicago, agreeing to a one-year deal with the White Sox.