I’ll have to admit: the Braves are good.
Needing to replace Eddie Rosario, they stole Jarred Kelenic from the Mariners in a salary dump trade. Now, this is still assuming Kelenic is a good major league outfielder, which he hasn’t shown he is yet. But if there was a team I’d bet on making him one, I’d bet on the Braves.
On to the links.
- Here are three storylines to follow with the winter meetings officially open for business.
- While the team dove headfirst into the meetings last year, this year might be a bit slower going for the Phillies.
- It looks like the team may not be in on Juan Soto after all.
- Leave it to the Braves to open the meetings with a bang. Atlanta acquired Jarred Kelenic in a salary dump trade with the Mariners, which means Kelenic will receive MVP votes next year.
- This went under the radar, but it’s kind of important news for next season.
- Jung Hoo Lee is now open for bidding for all MLB teams.
- Thomson wasn’t the only manager getting an extension. The Tigers are keeping A.J. Hinch around for a while longer as well.
- The Cardinals have put Tyler O’Neill on the trade block. A name to track for the Phillies in their hunt for an outfielder.