The Juan Soto trade is still sending rippled through the industry. Not only does it take away an option for teams that lose out on Ohtani to pivot to, it allows the Yankees to intensify their efforts on signing Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
There’s an argument that if Yamamoto signs with the team, it’s Brian Cashman’s finest offseason in a while.
It’s still the Yankees and I still hate them though.
On to the links.
- We already know Bryce Harper would like an extension, but how much exactly would it cost the team?
- Dick Allen is going to get a mural in Philadelphia, a nice tribute to an all-timer.
- Johan Rojas’s defense: elite. But, is it elite enough for the team to make him their starting center fielder?
- It’s time to immediately grade a trade that will have ramifications for years (the Padres still got screwed btw).
- By getting Soto, the Yankees are getting exactly what they need for their lineup.
- After a deep postseason run, the Diamondbacks are fortifying themselves and their rotation by grabbing Eduardo Rodriguez on a four year deal.
- The Rule 5 draft occurred the other day. What are teams getting in adding the 26-man to their rosters? Looks like Cleveland might have gotten a steal.