Opening Day is finally here and we can all exhale. While we’ve had the World Baseball Classic to help us get our fill of more competitive baseball, it’s still felt like a slog to get to the point we’re at today. The spring training games are cool to start, but by early March, we’re done with them.
Today, we can finally get set for the real thing. The games count, the debates begin (what will the lineup look like?) and the takes will be hot. For the first time in a while, the Phillies are not only expected to make the playoffs, they look primed for another deep run in them.
Let’s just start with today.
On to the links.
- The Cristian Pache trade has caused a bit of confusion among the base, so here is a breakdown of how he fits on the roster.
- While today is a good day, it’s also a sobering reminder of what they’re going to miss this season.
- More predictions about the team, this time from the local beat writers who see them every day.
- Finally, ten burning questions about the Phillies headed into this season.
- There is lots of Opening Day coverage if you just look for it. Here is one big, bold take for each team.
- Rob Manfred went deep into his thoughts about an automated strike zone. Well worth your time and reminder that a subscription to the Athletic is worth it.
- The Dodgers are still the mathematical favorite of some, but that throne is looking mighty wobbly.