Well now. Looks like teams around Major League Baseball were simply waiting for the new year to begin before they started making moves again. The big names are still out there for the pickin’, but at least teams are getting creative in trying to upgrade their teams.
On to the links.
- The projections for 2024 really love the Phillies’ rotation as it currently sits.
- No matter how you create the lineup in your mind, the best option atop that lineup is still Kyle Schwarber.
- Let’s start with a rather large size deal. The Mariners dealt Robbie Ray to the Giants and brought back some familiar faces.
- Meanwhile, Seattle continued making deals, bringing in Luke Raley from the Rays for pretty much pennies on the dollar.
- The Rays felt left out in making multiple deals, so they traded Andrew Kittredge to the Cardinals later that day.
- The Mets fell in love with Sean Manaea’s videos enough that they gave him $28 million guaranteed if he doesn’t opt out after 2024.
- In the non-transaction news, Bob Nightengale makes his predictions for the remainder of the offseason.